Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Monday, October 10, 2005

The Tri-Cities… Always an eclectic time.

Greetings! Yeah, yeah, yeah – it’s been while. WHATever… :)P

So, I went to the Tri-Cities this weekend to see my family. Had a very amusing, interesting and eclectic time - As usual… Here’s a list of the highlights – because I KNOW you want one!!

- Got to visit with my grandma. Haven’t seen her in a while, so that was cool. She gave me some homemade chocolate chip cookies to take home…
- Hung out on my grandma’s back porch with Grandma, Mom and Pat. Played with Pat’s slingshot… My grandma provided the rocks. Did *not* hit any of the ducks, which was good - Wasn’t aiming for them… Didn’t hit the trees, either. I was, however, aiming for them…
- Got to see my brother and his family. Brought over a BUCKET of candy for my nieces. Heh heh heh… Sugar for all!! Played dress-up with Belle – she made me wear a lovely, flowered veil… And she made me wear it while we played soccer and football… Also watched ‘Cinderella’ with my nieces… They’re just freakin’ adorable… And were VERY spazzy due to the sugar intake… WOO!
- Introduced my dad to ‘La Fin Du Monde.’ One of my favorite new beers… Heh heh… He passed out. >:-)
- Started a beautiful Sunday morning by going target shooting with my dad. I did alright… Because, uhh, people shoot guns in Eastern WA. It’s what you do!
- My parents took me out to a really good Mexican lunch. YUM! Have the leftovers for lunch today…
- Went shopping for clothes with both my mom and dad. They were both pointing out stuff for me to try on… It was funny… It's rare that my dad comes clothes shopping with us...
- Went to the sporting goods store with my dad. There were A LOT of camo goods at this particular store. I mean, it is Eastern WA., after all… I did, however, find what I was looking for… In SPITE of all the camo… And my dad was very entertained with my selection process…
- Went to the grocery store and stocked up on all of my favorite Mexican food items. Just can’t find some of these items over here… And if you do, they’re ridiculously expensive… BAH!
- Watched ‘Lemony Snicket’ with my parents while eating a large bowl of popcorn. My mom didn’t steal the butter pan this time, either… Made a big pot of Mexican hot chocolate for all of us… Introduced my dad to strawberry chile candy… Good stuff.
- Stayed over on Sunday night and left for home this morning at 6am! Got to watch the sunrise over the Columbia River Valley and Gorge areas as I drove home. VERY beautiful… Drove directly to work. Damn. That was a helluva commute…

Alrighty. That’s it for now. Blah, blah, blah… Stay tuned – I’ll be posting the exploits from the latest camping adventure very soon! Good times… SEE YA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home