Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Say hello to my little friend, DAY 2!

After not having slept the night before, I think I could've slept upside down on a rock... However, as I've already explained, we had a pretty stylin' tent setup, so I was living large. I had some pretty crazy dreams that night - very visual. I'm sure they were spawned by the addition of the iPod while I slept... I kept creating little personal videos for myself as I tried to fall asleep... That's actually why I don't usually listen to music as I fall asleep - I get way too into listening to every nuance and then I'm awake again! But whatever - it was great to listen to tunes as I fell asleep under the stars... It doesn't get much better than that. Blah, blah, blah - ANYway...

The next morning was as to be expected: Perfect. It was absolutely beautiful with not a cloud in the sky and it was already starting to get warm. I can't remember the last time that I went camping in Western Washington in MAY when I didn't get cold at night. It was awesome! Anyway - I drifted in and out of sleep once the sun started to rise, but I think I finally rolled outta the bag at 8:30 or so.

As I mentioned, Paul packed up some eggs - woo! Mix that with the leftover fajita veggies, cheese, (Grated with the TINY CHEESE GRATER) green chile and tortillas and KICK ASS - We had a mighty fine breakfast goin'! And don't forget the french press coffee... Okay - I'm gettin' hungry - I need a snack... :) We hung out, Paul on his pimped out chair and me on my FLAT thermarest and enjoyed the morning from there. Listened to some tunes, drank some more coffee, cleaned up from breakfast, visited the hammock... Ahhhh... Good stuff....

Since we were planning on staying another night in the same spot, we didn't have to worry about packing nine million pounds on our backs that day. Therefore, we were free to roam about the area alllll day long, with a cute little pack to get us through. Can I get a "kick ass!"? KICK ASS! We saw a pretty cool peak further up the ridge, so up we headed.

It is at this time that I'd like to discuss the importance of sunscreen. Granted, I remembered to bring sunscreen on the trip, but I FORGOT to put it on before taking off that morning. Now, I have very fair skin and I definitely tend to burn - Most definitely. This, coupled with being completely surrounded by snow all afternoon long, really didn't make for the best of results. Basically, a recipe for sunburn disaster... Oh yeah - and let's not forget the fact I was wearing shorts AND gaiters! I am here to tell you that this particular combination makes for quite a laughable sunburn display. It produced a lovely, bright red swatch of skin on and around my knees, while the rest of my legs were their usual lily white. Soooo very attractive... Yeah, Paul remembered to put on sunscreen... Whatever - he thinks he's sooooo smart! :)P

But enough of my sunburn incident - It get's worse later on anyway...

When we reached the top of the ridge, we were greeted with QUITE an amazing view, indeed. We had the most amazing, unobstructed, 360 degree panoramic view of Mt. Baker, its surrounding peaks and Canada. WOW! And with not a cloud in the sky, we could see forever! There were the most amazing cornices as well. In fact, we're planning on turning the art of cornice walking into the next extreme sports craze. Seriously - Look for CorniceWalkers.com soon! Would I lie to you? While on top of the peak, Paul took a very cool panoramic photo series of the surrounding areas. Perhaps we will feature some of his pics in the upcoming Cornice Walkers 2006 Calendar. We'll be holding auditions for potential cornice walking models coming up in the near future. Do you have what it takes to be a cornice walker? Think about it - let me know!

Okay - so I'm gettin' tired... Time to watch some tv and attempt to pass out before work... More later! Ciao!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a picture of them red knees? hmmm, www.redknees.com could be a BIG hit...

5:36 PM  
Blogger daynasmith said...

Bahahahahaha! Wow - there could be sooo many possibilities for that site... :)

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home