Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Davel, Davel, Davel...

So, you've already been introduced to my fabulous friend, fellow musician and office mate, Dave Car-tere'... I'm just sitting here, INNOCENTLY working when Dave's fancy, new phone makes a bit of noise. Dave and I have similar phones and this particular noise REALLY annoys the crap out of me. (It goes off at the most inappropriate times and there's nothing you can do to stop it! It's this 'courtesy' sound on the phone... ANYway...)

So, I impart this information to Dave, thinking he will be gracious enough to STOP with the madness. Umm, no - that's not what happened. First, he gives me a lecture about not being 'bitter' and 'hateful' and then proceeds to continually make the noise on the phone - ARGH! We then have a conversation about the fact that I'm 'old school bitter' and that it goes much deeper than simply requesting I not be bitter and that he should REALLY stop with the racket...

He then asks me what I'm working on... (On a good day, I'd admit that Dave is basically my boss... We seem to trade off on this title from job to job... ) I tell him what I'm doing and he comments that "I've been working on it a mighty long time..."

"Yeah - so what's your point, Davel?! What are YOU working on?"

"I'm working on pissing you off," he says with an evil grin.

I'm going to give Dave another star on our whiteboard riiiiight now. Because I know it makes him mad... :)

The end.

p.s. Dave just asked me 'what I was smiling about' as I got ready to post this.... "Stop smiling or else I'll GIVE you something to smile about!" he says... Ahhh - there's a lotta love in this room... Or maybe that's just the smell of beans we ate at lunch....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home