Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Sunday, August 21, 2005

I love Toronto!

Howdy!

For the record, I love Toronto! What a beautiful area... And we have amazing hosts - you just can't go wrong!

I arrived last night around 7:30pm and Darryl picked me up at the airport. Carrie, unfortunately, was indeed stuck in DENVER until this morning and didn't arrive until early afternoon. Sucky... She apparently had a fabulous time hanging out at the Denver Radisson last night... WOO! With her $9 food voucher! What up? Like United couldn't spring for a whole $10???!? I hate United... Anyhoo - she got here alright today and all is well with the world.

Last night, I hung out with Darry and Tracy and got acclimated to the Toronto/Richmond Hill vibe. They have the most awesome place on the lake - absoultely beautiful! We hung out last night, had a couple of great Czech beers and got to know each other. For the record, they are absolutely wonderful. I've had a great feeling about this whole adventure all along and sitting and chatting with them last night pretty much validated everything I had been thinking. I have a pretty good feeling the next couple of weeks will indeed be profound. Sometimes you just find yourself in a situation you feel was meant to be. This is definitely one of those times...

Totally passed out last night after the good beer, conversation and food - just a little bit tired from the days events... Tee hee... Uhhh, woke up at 1pm today! Kick ass!! Carrie arrived from the airport here at around 2:30 and we all took off to go find her a keyboard for the recording. We totally scored! She found a great keyboard and ended up paying about $60 Canadian for an entire month's rental! WOO!!! That's just crazy...

We also stopped by a local pub and had some good beer and food. I will be sure to profile all of the good beer that we sample along the way, too. There are some great ones to try, I'm finding. We even stopped at 'The Beer Store' on the way back to the studio. (Because, duh - we need beer for the recording process... Duh.) The beer store was awesome! That's all they sold... In Toronto, you can't buy alcohol at the grocery store - you have to go to a special store. In this case, THE BEER STORE. :) Good times...

Now, we're hanging out at the house/studio and we're getting ready to lay some initial tracks. We hung out for a bit and listened to the tunes and chatted about initial ideas, etc. I guess we're just gonna go ahead and get started! COOL! So yeah, we're on our way... Crazy!

We also got to meet Michelle, our drummer for the recording. I think it's gonna be a great mix - I'm very excited to hear what we all put together.

Anyhoo - gotta go record! I'll write more later... Stay gold! Carrie says HI, too!! I'm going to try to post some pictures soon as well...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Sounds like you are having a great time.

Kick out some kick ass music!

pg

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home