Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

"Where the Beers Are"

Greetings!

Ahhh... "Where the Beers Are." How many stores in the States have an such an awesome slogan as THIS?!?! Verily I say unto you, not many... Not ENOUGH.

This is the slogan of 'The Beer Store.' Since you can't buy any alcohol in stores in Toronto, you have to go to specialty stores. The Beer Store, The Wine Shop, The Liquor Store, etc . You get the idea... AND you can get 'Beer Gear' FROM the beer store... Suffice it to say that I will definitely be picking up some beer gear while I'm here. I NEED a Beer Store t-shirt... I just do... After all, the Beer Store and I have become very close...

And here's a list of beers that I sampled that will demonstrate my newly explored Beer Store closeness:

Okacim Moche - Polish Lager (Very good - kind of mellow and sweet...)
Fuller's London Porter - English (I like Fuller's beer - haven't had this one before, however... Very nice...)
La Fin Du Monde (The End of the World) (As I know it and I feel FINE...) - Quebec (Very high alcohol content - thick and sweet - kind of meady... I had FOUR) www.unibroue.com
Creemore Springs - Ontario (Local artist community - very nice and light... Uses natural spring water)
Staropramen - Prague (Had this beer on the first night - very good... Kind of skunky - nice welcome to Toronto)
Steeman Cream Ale - Canadian (Nice and uhhh, creamy. Golden in color and kind of sweet...)
Amsterdam Natural Blonde Lager - Amsterdam (Had it in a pub called the 'Red Room' - and well, I'm a natural blonde... Had to try it... Decent lager - good pub pitcher beer...)
St. Peter's English Ale - England (Very cool bottle - shaped like a whiskey bottle... Organic beer - very nice and mellow...)
Warfteiner - Germany (Kind of a lager-like brew... Good stuff)
BLACKTHORNE CIDER - England (Granted, this is my favorite cider and I've had, uhhh, a lot of it over the years... But it never gets old... because cider is GOOD! (paul))

Okay - that's it for now. Wanted to get the IMPORTANT stuff taken care of... And I'm sure that I'll have an update to this list soon... I'm quite sure... >:-)

We're going downstairs to record right now. Things are going FABULOUSLY!!! I love this place... Amazing... Write more soon!! AND I'll post some pictures.

We miss you all and we are VERY appreciative of all the well-wishes, e-mails, phone calls and blog comments! Please keep 'em coming!!!

xxooxoxox
The Lady of the D

4 Comments:

Blogger daynasmith said...

I did that JUST for you... Bjorksu... Seriously. :)P

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lush

-- lb

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

say hello to CH for me

-- lb

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sends all of her CH love and happiness...

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home