Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Plight of the Cheeseball

I was sitting around today, lamenting the fact that I haven’t had any ‘adventures’ of late. That I didn’t have any ‘Perfect Spots’ to write about… Sure, there are a lot of past adventures and perfect spots I have yet to write about, but I wanted to slap down somethin’ new… Something to keep me going… Something to break up life's daily smack-talk...

Then, earlier today, I was walking down the hall of my office building to leave for some errands. On the way out of the office, I looked out of the window and saw the most amazing view of Mt. Rainier. I could only see the top part of it, but it was all covered with fresh snow and it looked amazing against the backdrop of clouds and sun. That mountain is truly one of my VERY favorite spots in the entire world. And no matter where I am when I see it or how far away I am – it always makes me feel better.

It kind of dawned on me at that point, amidst all of the ‘Ohh, whoa is me’ crap – There are perfect spots everywhere you look. And, at the risk of being labeled a complete cheeseball, I decided to take stock of all of the perfect spots that had already occurred these past few days…

- I talked to my Mom this morning. She’s definitely one of my perfect spots…
- I got a mind-altering massage today. One of the few perks of my recent car accident…
- I saw a KICK ASS concert this weekend – Anthony B… The bassist was awesome… As was the rest of the band… And Anthony B – duh. Crazy energy!!
- Learned some amusing stuff about BB guns… (Because nothing says comedy like GUNS!)
- Enjoyed some very tasty smoked salmon benedict...
- Drank a lot of great beer with my friends at the Pub Crawl on Friday night… Then went BOWLING! Always entertaining…
- Dave made me cry… But then made me laugh… (All in good ways…)
- I had a great time hanging out with Sue and Carrie last night… Had a great time putting together Christmas music…
- Witnessed a beautiful sunset last night from my office…
- Saw a spectacular display of the Moon and Mars…
- Hung out and watched movies with Leslie and laughed... A LOT...
- I get to listen to music all day as a legitimate part of my job…

Okay – those are some good things – some perfect spots… Maybe they’re not a full-on adventure, but they’re all great and they definitely add up… Yeah, yeah – I’m a cheeseball – so what? It’s MY freakin’ blog and I can spread cheese alllll over it if I want. And maybe I’ll use the Tiny Cheese Grater ™ to do it! HA! :)P

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BB Guns for all of your late nite walks just may be what you need! Just don't go huntin' wabbits, ya hear??!! :)

Leslie

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home