Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Experiment

Alrighty, then - how the hell are ya?! Me? Hmmm... Well, yeah...

ANYhoo - here's the deal: I'm about to embark upon 'The Experiment.' Think the movie "Super-Size Me", but ummm, not... Basically, I've got a list of crap I feel needs to be accomplished on a daily basis in order to achieve my desired goals. There's a theory that you can break a habit in 30 days and/or make a marked amount of change. Therefore, I'm going to take my little list and try and stick to it for the next 30 days and see what happens. Yeah, it's just time to make a few changes... And in order to make it official, I've decided to document my little experiment over the next 30 days.

And here's where you come in... In order to keep my lazy-ass in check, I'm going to write each day about what I did and didn't do. (Hopefully, there won't be much of a 'didn't do' list...) It will also serve to take care of the fact I haven't been writing much lately and I really want to... Just havin' a little issue with motivation of late... ANYways - All you gotta do is to read it. Even if 'you' don't really exist and no one ever actually checks this out, it doesn't really matter. I'll still be labouring under the idea of someone watching which will therefore help keep me in check. Wouldn't wanna be labled a slacker...

Following are a few of the items that have made the list - Items I feel will improve my life, etc. It's not the entire list, but these are some of the big ones:

Quit falling asleep to the TV.
Quit staying up pointlessly late. (Especially on weeknights)
Clean up house on a daily basis.
Keep finances in order.
Workout everyday.
Don't forget to floss.
Take vitamins everyday.
Write everyday.
Read Everyday.
PRACTICE everyday.
Get everything ready for the next morning.
Get to work early everyday.
Eat a decent breakfast.
No crappy food.
Limit coffee after noon.
Bus/walk whenever possible.
Limit weekday social events.
Go somewhere outdoors every weekend.
Be freakin' positive.

Okay - those are the high points. Sure, there are others, but a girl's gotta have SOME secrets... I was planning on starting everything this week, but since I got a bit of a late start, I'll start on Sunday. HOWEVER, that doesn't necessarily mean that I've been slacking on things this week. I've pretty much been following through with everything... I just want to start the 'official' experiment at the beginning of the week. ANYhoo - blah, blah, blah - Let The Experiment begin. Who knows how I'll feel at the end of it. Will this list actually make me feel better about my life? Tune in and find out! Or, ummm, don't - Do what you gotta do. See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home