Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Yeah, whatever...

Blah, blah, blah… Chat, chat, shat… There’s a lot of useless babbling and pontificating going on these days. Lovely… Sometimes it’s a good thing to just spit out exactly what the fuck it is you really mean… But then, sometimes it’s just plain hard to gain the freakin’ wherewithal to do so…

It’s funny. As a performer, I can stand up in front of a large crowd of people and not bat an eye. I can joke and laugh and play a tune and try and entertain the masses. Key word: Try. (Bahahahaaaa – that makes it sound like I’m a clown – funny on the outside, but sad and serious within. Hey - That could be, like a kick ass philosophical candy bar! I’ll call it, ‘Single Tear.’ SHIP IT!) But stand me up in front of a single person or situation that I need to address and stage fright doesn’t even BEGIN to cover it.

ANYhoo - Whatever the case, it’s all just really hard. So there. And with that, I feel that I have contributed quite finely to the useless babble of which I so despise. Carry the fuck on… Ahhh, glass half empty – nothin’ like it.

Okaaaaaay, so I think it’s always a good idea to start out a post with the most positive of statements. WOO! And now that I’ve gotten THAT out of the way…

SO… Since this is supposed to be about my perfect spots, I guess I shouldn’t disappoint. And while although I am feeling wildly cynical at this point in time, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt the grande scheme of my mood if I let loose a little merriment… Hell – I’ve got PLENTY of cynicism to spare. I won’t let a little merriment stand in my way! HELL no!

ANYway - There’s one thing that I can always rely on – music. Period. And last night, I saw an awesome display of the art form. I went to the sold out Damian Marley concert at the Showbox and it completely kicked ass. The musicianship was fantastic and the energy that went into its presentation was outstanding. It was so full of expression and spontaneity, but at the same time, completely orchestrated and well executed.

It’s just so great to see a show put on by artists who have both a great respect for their art form as WELL as the people who enjoy their art. They’ve obviously put SO much time into honing their artistic skills, but they care enough about the enjoyment factor that they never let it get too lofty and self-evolved. Sure – it’s OBVIOUS that they personally love what they’re doing and by no means is the music simple and uninvolved, but they seem to have found a happy medium between feeling the music themselves and still allowing the audience to be a part of the experience. Bottom line – It was an awesome show and I’m so glad that I got a chance to see it.

So yeah – there ya go. A non-cynical, art loving statement for the day. Do with it what you will. But don’t let me catch you thinking that I’ve gone all soft or something… That would be an utter TRAGEDY. Don't be silly... I'm still the queen of useless, sarcastic babbling and I don't plan on relenquishing my throne anytime soon.

I hope ya’ll are having a fan-freakin-tastic evening. (Really and TRULY, I do...Suckas....) I’m off to further map out my brother’s garlic mashed potato recipe that he gave me earlier tonight… We’ll just see if I can duplicate its beauty and perfection… Maybe I’ll enjoy a tasty ‘Single Tear’ bar in the meantime… Mmmm.... Sounds good.

Carry on. (My wayward son…)

-- TRJ ™ © ®

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home