Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Number Three - In the can!

Whoopity-Deeee – It’s DAY THREE!

WOO! Yeah, give it up – I DO NOT want to be doing anything but lying on the couch right now – watchin’ some fiiiiinne late-night television programming, but I am *NOT.* So THERE.

In addition to *NOT* lying on the couch, I cleaned the kitchen, got everything ready for work tomorrow AND I flossed. STEP OFF! All this on the heels of returning from a rather late rehearsal and a very long day at work…

Today started out as usual – Got up – Didn’t want to get up, but I got freakin’ up - Got ready – made coffee – TOOK THE BUS – got to work - Played some freakin’ Solitaire (because that’s actually my freakin’ JOB) and went about my usual business. Yeah – nothing exciting. Quite the contrary, actually…

BUT THEN – I came home and checked the mail. WOO FREAKIN’ HOOOOO!! The check that I had been waiting for finally came in the mail. AND – I was home before the bank had closed, so I still had time to cash the check and do what I needed to do. Suffice it to say that this check has been HOTLY anticipated and it was a very welcome addition to my day. However, what makes it an even HOTTER arrival was that it was waaay larger than I had anticipated. WAY larger… WOW! I really wasn’t expecting that… ANYhoo – I cashed that bad boy as soon as possible and ummm… went directly to the... BEER STORE. Moowhwahahahahahaaaahahahaaaahahahah!

And then I went to rehearsal….

It all started out well and good. We were there to get ready for a show on Friday night and that’s exactly what we were doing. We’re preeeefessionals, after all! But, umm… Yeah – then the La Fin Du Monde started to kick in… As some of you may remember, we made fast friends with La Fin Du Monde while we were recording our album in Toronto. ANYhoo – we had a bit of our beloved La Fin Du Monde and the evening was off to a rousing start. (And a rather amusing ending….) Anyway, it never really recovered. Heh heh…

I might also add that not only did I bring beer, but so did Carrie and Mike! We usually trade off, but we didn’t check with each other tonight to see who was buyin’ and well, EVERYone ended up buyin’. WOO!

However, we did get all of the songs taken care of and I *think*all will be well on Friday night. Well, even if it’s not all well – we always have ‘Dream Weaver’ to fall back on… Oh yeeeeaaahhh… Now with DRUMS! YES!!! ;)

A quote from our beloved producer is echoing in my mind… “Do you guys always drink this much beer?” Tee hee…

Alrighty – this is way longer than I planned. I’m looking at the clock and I have to actually be sitting at my desk in a matter of hours. Great. Oh well – at least I did what I said I was going to do… SO THERE.

Have a fan-freakin-tastic night/morning/whatever! CIAO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home