Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Oregon Tour - Day Freakin' ONE!

Greetings from the Land of Ports! Carrie, Greg and I are currently embarking upon a 5 day tour of Oregon. We’re spreading our Lonesome Lover vibes across the state with our present location being the lovely city of Portland. Join us as we continue to trek across the wilds of Oregon!

Well, okay - I guess it’s not really all that wild. Currently, I’m enjoying a fabulous morning at the home of Jill and Alex. Carrie and Jill are old friends and we’ve been lucky enough to stay with them during many of our Portland visits. They always give the warmest welcome and completely make us feel at home. I got to sleep in a rather comfortable bed, enjoyed a great shower this morning and was then greeted with a *very * tasty breakfast! What more could you ask for while on the road? Throw in the amazing meal that Alex had prepared last night when we arrived and it’s paradise! I have to say we’ve got some amazing and very generous friends. It makes going out on the road all the more worthwhile.

We rolled into town yesterday at about 3pm. We had a pretty easy going drive down to Portland and it was nice to get into town a few hours before our show. (However, we would’ve gotten there sooner had we not stopped at 27 rest stops along the way. Seems I’m finally able to give up my ‘Crown of Many Bathroom Breaks’ to one, Greg Fulton. HA!!!!) ANYhoo - There have been a few times in the past when Portland traffic has kind of bit us in the ass. This time, however, it was alllll hunky dory and we had plenty of time to relax before the show. (And plenty of time for Tiny Bladder to visit the loo… heh heh…)

Last evening, we had a rather entertaining show under the Big Top at the Rose Festival. From the pictures we saw after the show, it looked like we were performing under a giant hang glider. Pretty cool! It was a pretty swanky load-in as well. We were able to pull right up to the entrance and were met by a load-in crew and a cool, little golf-cartish vehicle! WOO! Any time we don’t have to carry all of our gear around is a GOOD time.

After the show, we went to a place called ‘The Lotus’ for some après show libations. Crap. They had video poker! DAMMIT! I will full-on confess to being fond of video poker. Well, and I usually do pretty good at it. (Usually… But only as long as I follow my hard and fast rule of walking away after doubling my money…) And well, I would’ve done that, but instead of doubling my money, I ended up turning my $5 into $25!!! WOO! And then I walked away… It certainly helped to finance my evening. In fact, it paid for ALL of my purchases yesterday. Wooo hoooo!

We hung out at the Lotus for a while and had a great time. Damon was in town for business and his friend, Graham was with him. They met up with us at the show and then later at the Lotus. It was great to have them around for the evening. They’ll also be joining us at some of the later shows. It’s pretty cool that Damon is working on the road in the same area as us! Always good to have the peeps around. :)

Alrighty – better get this posted. I think we’re taking off soon to go find a music store. Have to pick up a couple of things before the show tonight. We’re playing at Imbibe tonight – In SE Portland. (I think it’s SE Portland…) ANYway – if you happen to be around that part of town, please stop by! We’re playing at 8pm.

Until tomorrow – Have a good one!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home