Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Soooo fine - It's number NINE!

Again - This will be short... Clearly, I need to get my writing accomplished earlier in the evening...

However, I again have a noble reason for not writing much. I just got home from seeing the 'Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs' at the Paramount and they KICKED ASS!! WOO! But - I wish that I could've heard the vocals better... OH well - the drummer kicked ass... :) As well did the rest of the band, but the drummer stood out in particular. ANYhoo...

But on other notes, before I turn in, I cannot fail to mention there is yet another debate raging between one, Paul D. Gibson and myself. Oh, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - will he ever agree with me about ANYthing!??!? :)P Verily I say unto you, PROBABLY NOT.

ANYway - Paul disagrees with my opinion/theory/observation/experience that part of the fashion of the 80's was derived of inspiration from the 60's. Not that I really want to admit my age, but I was freakin' THERE! I wore the clothes - I read the magazines - I was part of the culture of the 80's. And - a part of the fashion paid tribute to certain aspects of fashion from the 60's. Granted, I'm not saying that ALL fashion from the 80's was a throw back to the 60's - Not at all. What I'm arguing is that a certain part of 80's fashion took inspiration from the 60's.

Fashion tends to come in cycles - specifically, 20 year cycles. You can look down through the ages and completely see how fashion recycles itself. There are always new additions to the mix, but there is also tribute to what has come before. So freakin' there. Ohhhh yeah, and in the next few days, I am DEFINITELY going to find much info to back up my claim. Sigh... Just as I'm alllllllways forced to do whenever Paul doesn't believe me. Which is frequent... Dork. :)P (Yeah, I'm talkin' to YOU, Slingshot.)

Alright - I'm going to freakin' bed. The concert rocked, beer is good and fashion comes in cycles of 20 years. All is well with the world...

GOOD NIGHT!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Gibson said...

show me your sources. let's see some proof that supports you claims. dork? sheesh ;-)

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home