Stuff I Think Is Cool.

Maybe you'll think it's cool, too...

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Two! Two for the price of ONE!

Greetings!

Yeah, ummm, so I didn't write last night. Heh heh... But it's not like I was sittin' around on my ass. Noooo - it was alllll very noble and official. (Well, most of it...) ANYhoo - let's just count this entry for TWO, shall we? (Great. Thanks!)

Had a gig last night at Crossroads - Very interesting show... We played for people of ALL ages - very ecclectic audience, to say the least. We played a couple of sets, but since the show started at 7:30, we were done and out of there by 10:30! WOO!! And well, that left pleeeeeently of time for which to saddle up to the bar....

With that in mind, we very quickly left the Eastside and came back across the water - away from all the neon and SUV's... We decided to meet up at Tangletown for a few post-gig drinks. Have I mentioned that I LOVE my neighborhood? Yeah - I'm quite fond of it... Not only is Tangletown (part of the Elysian family) right across the street, but the Luau and Lenny's are just down the block. Suffice it to say, it is dangerously easy to procure good food and beverage in my neighborhood. And ohhhhhh so easy to stumble home afterwards. ;)

And well, that's exactly what I did. HA! Hung out with Carrie, Damon, Mike, Greg and Jill for a few hours and had a great time. Good conversation, lively debate and the invent of several very amusing toasts made for quite an entertaining time. Seriously - it was exactly what I needed last night. I had a great time talking and hanging out - probably the best time I've had in a while... Cool.

After I got home, I ended up spending a couple of hours online listening to music via Rhapsody. (Real Networks program - Very cool and very addicting...) Anyway - I had become involved in an interesting musical conversation and really just needed to get to the bottom of it. In the end, I definitely cemented my opinion on the topic, but also got sidetracked rockin' out to some much beloved music. MUCH better than falling asleep to the freakin' TV... So there. Who cares if I didn't go to bed until around 5am...

Today I just took care of some errands and busy work around the house. It was a BEEEEEAUTIFUL day in Seattle and so I did actually get outside for a while to enjoy it. Just spent some time walking around my hood and enjoying some tunes. Not too shabby...

Tonight, I actually fell asleep on the couch at around 7:30 - CRAP! (Could it maybe be the 4am Rhapsody session!? Hmmmm...) Had some phone calls to make and some more busy work to do, but I totally got sidetracked by sleep. It's very rare that I fall asleep before freakin' 2am - weird... Oh well - I got up a little after 9 and called my dad. I ended up talking to him for TWO hours! Glad we have unlimited weekend minutes... Today was the anniversary of when he and my mom went on their very first date. He had gone to Yakima for the day to do a bit of remembering... Sigh... I really miss her. Yeah...

Alright - it's getting late - gotta get stuff ready for tomorrow. Hope ya'll had a great weekend - chat with you's lata!!

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home